Wevvo Market place set up a webinar for the community themed “Let Your Money Work For You” on the 20th of March, 2022 which was a virtual event, Dorcas Thorpe, Head, Corporate Planning at LAPO Microfinance Bank, Nigeria who gave a detailed lecture on how to handle, save and make money.
WHAT DOES MONEY MEAN TO YOU?
- Money will make me free.
- Money helps provide comfort and stability.
- Money is a medium of exchange.
- Money gives me control.
Reconsider money and your relationship with it.
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR FINANCES.
- Make a budget and stick to it.
- Track where your money goes to.
- Treat your savings as a compulsory expense.
- Automate your savings.
- Don’t try to save more than you actually can.
- Categorize your savings.
BUILD AND SUSTAIN WEALTH.
- Keep Investing, diversify your portfolio.
- Take calculated risks, learn to see opportunities.
- Be a little liquid, Learn to say no.
- Pension plans are necessary.
- Wills, Trusts and healthcare.
MAKING MORE MONEY.
- You have to be able to create and give value, Monetize your value and people will look for you.
Some financial tips which include the following:
- Remember that money is a tool, use and manage it well.
- Categorize your savings and funds.
- Be willing to make more money.
- Diversify your investment portfolio.
- Leverage – It is the sure way to wealth creation.
These tips will help to improve your finances – Let your money work for you.