Wevvo held a 2 hour training on social media marketing for small businesses on the 25th of June, 2022. Social media plays such an important role in pushing sales of one’s business and also getting a wider reach for your market, It is also an effective free channel for marketing your business today which is why we had this training.
Social Media creates communities, not markets.
Customer – SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING – Communication.
Essential Social Media Tips For Your Business.
- Start with a plan.
It’s easy to get started using social media for business purposes. Create a Facebook page for your business or start posting on Instagram or create a presence on Twitter and create a social media plan.
A. Research competition.
- How are your competitors using social media?
- Learning from what others have done is a great way to reduce your learning curve.
- Competitive analysis can help you learn what’s working and what’s not for other businesses like yours.
B. Conduct a social media audit.
- Take a step back and evaluate your existing efforts.
C. Get inspired.
- You’ve looked at what your competitors are doing online, but what about other businesses?Take inspiration from the success of businesses in all industries.
D. Create a social media calendar.
- A social media calendar helps you post the right content to the right social channels at the right time. It should include a plan for your content mix.
- Try starting with the 80-20 rule. Use 80% of your content to inform , educate, or entertain your audience. Use the other 20% to promote your brand or sell your products.
2. Decide which platforms are right for you.
- Don’t make assumptions about where your audience spends their time online.
3. Know your audience.
- One reason using social media for business is so effective is that you can micro-target your audience. But first, you need to understand who your audience is.
- Start by compiling data on your current customers. Then, dig deeper with social media analysis. You’ll soon start to understand who’s buying from and interacting with you online.
- Once you have defined your audience, you can create buyer personas, which will help you understand the best ways to speak to your audience.
- Social media metrics:
Click – Engagements – Saves
Comments -rate – Video reach
Reach – Impression – Video views
– Shares –
4. Expand your audience.
- Once you have a clear picture of who your audience is, you can revisit your social media plan. it is time to look for ways reach more people just like them. E.g advertising.
5. Build Relationships.
- The unique benefit of social media marketing for small businesses is that it allows you to talk directly to customers and followers. You can build relationships over time. When people engage or ads. it is a great idea to engage back. This helps to build trust and form a loyal following.
6. Pay attention to trends.
It is a good idea to pay attention to trends in social media, so you understand what people are looking for when they sign into their social channels. This helps you create appropriate content that resonates over time.
7. Sell your stuff with social commerce.
Social media marketing has evolved in recent years to include social commerce. The ability to sell your products directly from social channels.
8. Mix up your formats.
Make sure to switch up your social post formats from time to time.
If you usually post GIFs. try a JPG.
If you normally post still images, try a video.
And take advantage of all the formats within each social network, like stories or reels or live video.
9. Focus on quality over quantity.
The sheer number of social media marketing options for small businesses might seem overwhelming but you don’t need to do it all.
It is more important to create quality content on a couple of a key channels than it is to have a presence on every single network.
10. Use the right tools.
The secret to using social media effectively is to take advantage of tools that automate or simplify much of the work.
11. Use scheduling and automation to free up more time for engagement.
This allows you to dedicate one block of time per day or even per week to creating your social content. It is much more effective than letting social posting take you away from other tasks throughout the day.
12. Track and refine your performance.
As you implement your social strategy, it’s important to keep track of what works and what doesn’t. You can then fine-tune your efforts and improve results.
- Do you have have your business on at least 3 social media platforms.
- Is your Whatsapp profile a business account?
- Do you have a professional Instagram account for your brand?
- Does your brand own a Facebook account?
- Is your Whatsapp linked to your Instagram account?
- Is your Whatsapp linked to your Facebook page?
- Is your Instagram bio properly optimize?
- Do you think you are maximizing the full potential of social media for your business?